[FoRK] scribd sucks dead dogs balls

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Nov 16 00:39:56 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 09:54:23AM +1100, damien morton wrote:
> I often wonder if the firewalling and NAT-ing of the worlds users is as a
> result of a corporatist urge to keep the middleman role open. Like the

It's the result of lack of IPv6 adoption, actually. Too much investment
into existing IPv4-only infrastructure, lack of demand due to lack
of content, lack of content due to lack of demand, the usual bootstrap
problem.

We'll be getting dual-NAT (NAT at ISP level, NAT at home router level)
on a large scale shortly. Hold onto your IPv4 networks, these are going
to be in high demand shortly.