[FoRK] midi master keyboards with full hammer mechanics

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:39:31 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 5, 2007 at 6:45 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Dear lazyweb,
>
> any practical musicians here who can give a recommendation for a
> full hammer mechanics (i.e. not just weighted/semiweighted
> stuff, something as close to a piano/grand piano feel as
> possible) midi (with USB) master keyboard for
> the year 2007? Extra stage piano features a plus, but
> not really a must. Should be around $500 or less,
> preferrably.
>
> P.S. Pointers to really good external MIDI-driven piano/
> grand piano synthesizers (physical modelling?) are also
> solicited.

Following up on this; 1 year later, what keyboard did you end up with?
Do the same recommendations still apply?

Looking at this one: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/ProKeys88.html

It seems nice. All I'm after is an arguably 'simple', portable, piano
that I can use to play piano music. Not overly obsessed with general
music-writing (synth?) but I'd be happy if it was available in the <
1k (AUD) range.

> --

noon silky
http://www.boxofgoodfeelings.com/