[FoRK] Crisis averted....

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Dec 22 12:08:53 PST 2008

On Dec 22, 2008, at 11:34 AM, geege schuman wrote:
> WTF is "entitled old"?  People who actually provided you with an
> ifrastructure through their hard work and now face the loss of their
> lifelong investments?

They are surprised that the bank account is empty after engaging in an
epic spending spree? They spent their "lifelong investments" a long
time ago, and ignorance of the law is neither excuse nor
indemnification, or so I am told.

As a more general comment, why do so many people act like being a
1950s wage monkey was some kind of Promethean task?  Are we going to
let the young whippersnappers lord over the geezers because they are
the generation largely responsible for building the Internet as we
know it?  Surviving to dotage is not evidence that one has done
anything of lasting value or worthy of recognition with one's life.

Cheers,

J. Andrew Rogers