[FoRK] Predictably Irrational

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Dec 30 12:53:54 PST 2008

Ken Meltsner wrote on 12/30/2008 7:04 AM:
> Must be something about MIT that makes people investigate how
> irrational other people are....

They also rename anything anyone else has done, rebranding it as their
own for no reason.

MIT is the nexus of the "we're better then humans cause we're so smart"
meme, (Harvard already had the "we're better then you because we're
rich" one locked up) so that they spend a ton of time studying how
irrational people are makes sense, it shows how much better they are.
Harvard studies the poor just as much.

If you look at who they admit as undergrads and the culture there, it
isn't too hard to see why. Heck, it wasn't until the mid 1990's that
they admitted someone that had ever gone outside or spoken to a girl/boy
before college. Sure we're all nerds, but they have taken the whole nerd
vs human and academic isolation it to a level beyond.

:)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/