[FoRK] True Belief and wars

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:19:57 PST 2009

The UCLA connection:

<A professor of computer science at the University of California, Los
Angeles, and director of the Cognitive Systems Laboratory, Pearl is a Tel
Aviv-born scientist and author with expertise in the areas of artificial
intelligence, human cognition, and philosophy of science. When asked whether
deeply religious scientists can maintain objectivity, Pearl opined that it
is possible for faith and science to co-exist. "Devoutness contradicts
objectivity. But we live with contradiction," he said. "Faith is
poetry." *—Christine
Grillo>
*
http://www.jhsph.edu/publichealthnews/articles/2008/pearl_judea.html

There are quiet movements afoot to bring Palestinians and Israelis toward
peace.  I'm a Pollyanna for cross-cultural educational efforts, especially
the invisible ones.