[FoRK] What can you tell me about San Diego?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jan 12 23:43:02 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:52:44PM -0800, Stephen Williams wrote:
> I've already heard, repeatedly, "It's the best place ever!"  "The
> weather is always perfect." "You'll never want to leave."

The weather is definitely cooler than Inland Empire. Way less smog,
if any.

> I'm either going to spend time back in DC (too cold, too hot+muggy, too
> much traffic, but great personal relationships...) or San Diego (the
> great unknown, or the Great unknown?).  Traveling monthly or weekly.
> Gee, what fun.
>
> So, who can tell me useful things about San Diego?  Why would I want or
> not want to go there?

Science is great there. Mexico (Tijuana) is next door. WASP place.
Less poverty/ethnic issues than Inland Empire. Housing bubble possibly
less desctructive (no neutron bomb effect)?
Still quake country. Still SoCal water issues. Still highway traffic hell.