[FoRK] What can you tell me about San Diego?

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Jan 13 16:00:03 PST 2009

J. Andrew Rogers wrote on 1/13/2009 12:23 PM:
> Some major observations, in no particular order:
>
> - Everything you have heard about the weather is true, it has as close
> to an ideal climate of any place I have ever been.  Sunshine and blue
> skies all but a few weeks a year, low humidity despite being on the
> ocean, and a surprisingly narrow temperature band that keeps it pleasant
> all year.

In other words, you live in a desert and you'll all die happy fun deaths
if the (water|food|gas|electricity) stops flowing from other states in a
just-in-time way. Which is VERY easy to see happening from earthquake,
power grid problems, or a mildly non-retarded terrorist (no worries they
believe that 72 virgin thing ahhahahahahah). And that doesnt even take
into account anything "major".

Not that the San fran bay is much better...

You all make the culture there sound as bad as the water supply, is SD
really THAT bad?

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/