[FoRK] [Fwd: Nokia to License Qt Under LGPL]

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jan 14 09:03:26 PST 2009

Awesome.  Except that I now have virtually zero interest in Qt due to
Air, JavaFX, and even modern Javascript / browsers.

I thought they might to this when they bought Qt, but when I check on
licensing costs last year, they were still terribly steep.

Furthermore, I need 3D widgets and they only support a 3D view space I
believe.  Although I'll start 2D on my current project, I need to go 3D
with 2D components after a certain point.  Suggestions or examples of
good 3D widget space would be welcome.  3D games are where a lot of that
is at.

Still, cool, and I'll probably still use it when I want to stay C++.  Qt
always had a nice feel.  The only GUI library I liked better than
Interviews, in C++ at least.

I actually bought a full commercial license at one point, however the
yearly maintenance / upgrades have just not been worth it to me.

sdw