[FoRK] Dude, where’s my job?

bill stoddard bill at wstoddard.com
Fri Jan 16 06:26:21 PST 2009

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 04:25:30PM -0500, bill stoddard wrote:
>
>> All this talk about the 'self esteem' movement blah blah blah .. i've
>> never understood it, never experienced it, never seen it and sure never
>>

> I've seen a lot of it in Europe. It started shortly before my generation (1966).
>

>> supported it.  It all feels like a giant political straw-man invented by
>> disgruntled, sex starved old farts to make some abstruse point that
>>

> Instant argument, just add hominem.

The article posted by Adam feels like thinly disguised right wing
propaganda... let's blame everything on the 'self esteem movement' given
to us by 'the America hating liberals'.  Were it not for right wing talk
radio and Fox news, I would have never known anything about the 'self
esteem movement'.  If it exists, it's not prevalent where I live.  It's
about as real to me as intelligent bugs from Klandathu raining meteors
down on our heads.

Bill