[FoRK] [Fwd: Nokia to License Qt Under LGPL]

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Sat Jan 17 22:08:11 PST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:
> Still, cool, and I'll probably still use it when I want to stay C+
> +.  Qt always had a nice feel.  The only GUI library I liked better
> than Interviews, in C++ at least.

Fresco was pretty nice... better than InterViews in some ways because
once you were a layer or two into InterViews, it became very ugly,
very fast.

FWIW: The Trolltech folk have done a lot of interesting stuff with
rendering and webkit embedding, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to
see them doing a lot more with 3D. Check out some of the things on the
trolltech labs blogs (http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs).