[FoRK] Finally, someone who can do the job better than I could

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jan 21 06:54:57 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 09:48:55AM -0500, geege schuman wrote:

> Though the context doesn't support it, I was feeling as if Obama
> was speaking as a Liberal to the Neocons.

You're a hard case, but I'll give you half a year before the disappointment
sets in.

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2008/06/traffic-weather-sports-collapse.html

"If you were sent to Washington to fix this, what would you do?"

"Please don't send me to Washington: it's not the place to go to get anything useful accomplished. Centralized, political efforts are about as likely to succeed as Gorbachev's Perestroika. There, there was the one Communist party, which killed all private initiative and entrepreneurship. Here, we have the two Capitalist parties, which kill all public initiatives that impinge on the prerogatives of private capital or the free market. This makes just about any good proposal politically impossible. The best thing to do about national politicians is to completely ignore them and wait until they go away. This approach worked really well with the Communists in Russia."