[FoRK] Something worth doing is worth doing badly
eugen at leitl.org
Sun Feb 8 23:51:49 PST 2009
[from someone or other]
The line is from G.K. Chesterton who wrote something similar in his book
What's Wrong with the World, 1910 . The basics are that if something
is worth doing, just go do it. The outcome will be fine.
A member of our list, Dan Kalikow, aka. DrDan, is at home with hospice.
He does not have many days. I've never met Dan in person and know him
like I know most of you, by what you write and share.
Here's what I've read about Dan:
- He bought an "Arrest me Red" '96 Mustang GT ragtop - "Wotta blast."
- An Emacs fan - must be a smart guy
- Mac guy from early on with good old Eudora for mail
- Gave us the "Best Graph Ever" article in five parts 
- Refers to the IRregulars as "Masters & Maestrae of
all things published and unpublished" which made me wish
I were a lot more clever
- The only guy I know that wanted L'eggs! LOL
- Sent us an article about "Governmentium" in which 312 parts
are held together by forces called morons... That had me
laughing pretty good
- Traveled a lot with his wife - looked for IRRs in New Delhi even!
- Uses words like 'peripatetic' and 'orthogonal' often and correctly
- Was using computers when I was like, 7 yrs old, dang
- Worked for BBN, Prime, DEC
- Signs his messages /D slash-D? What does that mean anyway?
and perhaps mostly, I find his writings insightful and more often than
not, very entertaining.
Dropping Dan Kalikow a note is something worth doing. Perhaps re-read
one of Dan's stories sent to us or just say hello, good bye, good
morning or good evening. Here's his email DrDan at Kalikow.com
----- End forwarded message -----
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a> http://leitl.org
ICBM: 48.07100, 11.36820 http://www.ativel.com http://postbiota.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
More information about the FoRK