[FoRK] Company where I work got funded! Economy not disastrous everywhere!

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:33:37 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:
> Lorin Rivers wrote on 2/16/2009 7:03 AM:
> >
> > OneSpot Completes $4.2 Million Series A Funding
> >
> > <http://www.onespot.com/2009/02/onespot-completes-42-million-series-a-funding/>
>
> Talk to us when you're profitable ;)
>
> Why does everyone always forget that needing funding and having to give up
> part (and eventually all) of your company is a bad thing?

Indeed. Being proud of funding is basically for those who weren't sure
that their idea was that amazing in the first place; basically it says
"look, someone else thinks it's good!". I think that's a big part of
being happy about it (probably because as you say, the other parts are
sad).

--
noon silky
http://www.boxofgoodfeelings.com/