[FoRK] My grad research into digital library visualization

Peter Bergström pbergstr at quadfusion.net
Wed Feb 25 09:48:27 PST 2009

Hi,

As part of my research into the visualization and navigation of
digital libraries, I have developed a web-based experimental
application called PaperCube. I did some basic research when I was an
undergrad at UC Santa Cruz under the supervision of Jim Whitehead and
now I've expanded on this as part of my grad school research at Santa
Clara University. PaperCube is a SproutCore-based javascript
application that uses basic HTML, SVG, and canvas to visualize paper
and author relationships.

PaperCube is an exploration into how one can make the activity of
finding research papers easier. The goal for PaperCube is to provide
an alternative to traditional web-based digital libraries, but not
replace them.

Please check out this brief video about it:
http://www.vimeo.com/3323956

Also, you can try it out for yourself: (Safari, Webkit, Firefox, Chrome)
http://papercube.peterbergstrom.com

Mirror:
http://concerto.engr.scu.edu/~pbergstr

--

For the really interested, I'm conducting a short user survey and I'm
looking for people who are pursing a graduate degree or have one

The survey is relatively short and can be accessed here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=XB_2bTo4jMmp39CMJOY_2f96_2fg_3d_3d

Please try to finish the survey by March 9th.

I thank you in advance for taking time to try out PaperCube and
telling me what you think.

Regards,

Peter Bergström