[FoRK] Then there's this...

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Sat Feb 28 01:32:27 PST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 10:37 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:
> J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
>> I'll bet you have a perfectly reasonable explanation for why Mary
>> Schapiro was just appointed the head of the SEC.
> Not particularly.  I only know on her what I read on WikiPedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Schapiro
>
> This appointment was her fifth by a fifth president.  She must have
> something going for her.
> It looks like she is a stickler for the law and regulations.

Heh. Let me help you out, from the Huffington Post to dispel any easy
allegations of right-wing bias:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-solin/mary-schapiro-should-not_b_152641.html

Schapiro was the person in charge while a long string of high profile
fraud cases occurred that were apparently overlooked.  At best she has
a long history of stonewalling whistleblowers and at worst she has
actively run interference for Wall Street fraudsters. Never attribute
to malice that which can be adequately explained by gross
incompetence, but it is hard to explain why such a person now runs the
SEC. I won't bother to dredge up the many years of less substantiated
Wall Street rumors that are on record.

She was a "stickler for the law and regulations" in the same way Dubya
was a "fiscal conservative" -- laughable even in the most naive
analysis. Ah well, more of the same.

J. Andrew Rogers