[FoRK] Distributed Data Theory

Reza B'Far reza at voicegenesis.com
Sun Mar 1 23:57:07 PST 2009

I know this doesn't answer your question... and could be potentially
annoying, but I don't think that distribution/parallelism is trending
towards an RDMBS based solution... At least the trends in both commercial
and academia are pointing towards things like BigTable, Amazon storage
cloud, etc...

Long term, IMHO, these infrastructures will expose semantic based query
languages (so, think triple-store instead of RDBMS) vs. things like SQL
natively (though SQL will undoubtedly be supported with wrappers given the
need for backwards compatibility, etc.)...