[FoRK] Satellite Internet Service

Marty Halvorson marty at halvorson.us
Mon Mar 16 14:21:27 PDT 2009

I've finally decided that Qwest is never going to bring a high speed
cable to my part of Santa Fe county.  It would appear my options are:
- Comcast the cable guys (but I'd likely have to subscribe for TV
   also, and I don't want to do that.  Did it once for TV and was
   very dissatisfied))
- Hughes.net for satellite connection
- BlueSky.net for satellite connection

My questions to all:  Does anyone connect via satellite?  How satisfied
is the service?  Any recommendations for a satellite provider?  Are
there any other satellite providers out there?  From what I can tell
only Hughes and BlueSky actually own their satellites.  The others seem
to be contracting with one of those two.
--
Peace,

Marty Halvorson
marty at halvorson.us