[FoRK] Satellite Internet Service

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 14:10:23 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Marty Halvorson <marty at halvorson.us> wrote:
> I've finally decided that Qwest is never going to bring a high speed cable
> to my part of Santa Fe county.  It would appear my options are:
> - Comcast the cable guys (but I'd likely have to subscribe for TV
>  also, and I don't want to do that.  Did it once for TV and was
>  very dissatisfied))

We had to do Comcrap when we ere in VancouverWA. Its a snap to only
get the intertubes and no cable, you simply tell them its against your
religion and you don't hear about it from the person your on the phone
with. Of course you will still get the notices in you bill and email
and snailmail boxes about the AMAZING OFFERS, but you just smile and
file in the cinder maker.

We are a rabbit ears/hulu/pbskids.org/torrent house for tv. So the
answer to comcast is you Do Not have to take the tv, or the voip they
are trying to push, at all. Just say no (the relgion thing does help
to shake off even the best/worst upsellers) ands your all good.

-tom("Im sorry my noodly lord and master dose not allow us cable tv,
we are forever in the rapture of his many tentacled glory....beside
House is on hulu...duh")higgins