[FoRK] Satellite Internet Service

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:20:06 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> And
> they have teenagers.  I think it is partly a way to curtail their use.  I
> have a hard time seeing it as a net positive.

Dialup? My kids would revolt and toss our battered bodies to the curb,
call shild services or some such. I do not think they could deal with
much time off the grid. Heck when we go vacationing  I make sure there
is connectivity so that I can throw up an ap/router and make a
familynet for the night.

My 6 year old routinely lets me know thats its not polite to be
running too many torrents as it interferes with his PBS video streams.
Yea. So last time I had to do router work took him down stairs with me
to pull cable and hold tools. If he is going to gripe about network
services he is going to learn to fix it himself ...eventually.

 -tom(and yes I now i brought this on myself)higgins