[FoRK] Scary

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Mar 17 15:22:16 PDT 2009

Narrowness...  Bonuses are not policies.

Simply delay the bonuses until A) all policies are paid and B) the
government gets paid back.  In fact, that is an even better plan.  Give
all of those supposedly smart guys a reason to stick around and make
good.  If those bonusable guys leave, it could be a death blow to AIG
regardless of how propped up they are.  In that case the money might
just go to pay off existing policies and the company would cease to
exist as a going concern, leaving no ability to pay back the government.

So, simply delay the bonuses, perhaps with a kicker, until such time as
the hole is resolved.

sdw