[FoRK] Apple should buy Sun

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Mon Mar 23 10:27:13 PDT 2009

On 23/3/09 18:12, Stephen Williams wrote:
> IBM is more likely because of the deep investment into Java and similar
> server tech, however I think it would be more interesting for Apple to
> suddenly get serious server chops.

Some things change, some stay the same... --danbri

"Apple said it has no plans to make any sort of announcement this
afternoon and would not comment directly on whether it's in
negotiations. Sun was not immediately available for comment, though it
has consistently declined comment all week on speculation that it was
seeking to buy Apple."
"Talks between the Mountain View, California, workstation maker and its
Silicon Valley neighbor, have been going on for several weeks, people
familiar with the discussions have said. Many investors and financial
analysts still say the buyout will not happen because the companies
can't agree on a price."

http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/spring96/0046.html