[FoRK] Someone reassure me

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sat Mar 28 10:47:43 PDT 2009

HK Pang wrote on 3/28/2009 6:41 AM:
> Is this reassuring enough?
>
> http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/03/chinese-are-coming.html
>
> Mr Luo, a director general at the China Banking Regulatory Commission,
> added: “We hate you guys. Once you start issuing $1 trillion-$2
> trillion [$1,000bn-$2,000bn] . . .we know the dollar is going to
> depreciate, so we hate you guys but there is nothing much we can do.”

Silly Chinese took not only out paper money, but empty promises of more
paper money. Suckers! Oh wait they figured it out too soon and now are
buying all the farms/mines/atoms before we flush the currency. Oh wait,
same family controls their central bank too, that means everything will
be fine right?

*laughs* It really does boggle the mind how many times this has happened
and yet nobody notices until it's too late.

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Corinna Schultz
> <corinna.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Based on reading this link,  I wonder if there's a potential war in
>> the offing if the political solution fails...  Could things really get
>> that bad?
>>
>> http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/economicsunbound/archives/2009/03/a_simple_guide.html

>> recent years, resolving the problem requires international political
>> cooperation. There's a conference planned for later this year to try
>> and work this out. He ends with this quote:
>>
>> "The best actual marker of the progress of the financial crisis is not
>> stock or real estate prices, but rather how well international
>> cooperation holds up."

Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/