[FoRK] Weird... interesting.

HK Pang hkpang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:20:02 PDT 2009

I bet you haven't done other people's tax return!
I just finished mine and my parents (I do this everything for the past
20+ years).
Every year, I came up with all sort of legal ways to get nearly every
single dollar back for my parents.
At the same, my tax burden goes higher and higher every year. I'm no
way near rich, I'm just your typical IT guy.

I'm happy for my parents, they have a better retirement portfolio as
well as more disposable income. I, on the othe hand, often have accept
favors from them like free food and child care, etc out of neccessity.
And I have more years of educations than both of my parents combined.

There is definitely a real sense of injustice among the middle class.

Whining aside, I definitely _feel_ better if the tax is flat rate even
if salaries have to be adjusted acorss the broad to match the current
after-tax level.