[FoRK] Palm, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Apr 16 16:22:39 PDT 2009

Does anyone have contacts at Palm?  I applied to the WebOS/Pre dev
program long ago, but nothing.  I'm going to have a Pre before ever
getting access to the dev kit.  And I have something to develop.  Are
they trying to drive me to the iPhone??

Has anyone gone to this?  Is it worth it?
http://developer.apple.com/products/wwdc.html

I remain most interested in Flex/AIR/Flash for the front end.  This is
cool, although I already have the tools:
https://freeriatools.adobe.com/

Microsoft's tools are essentially free for startups now.  I'm wondering
how desperate they are these days.  All those iPhone apps, with yet more
compelling commericals, must have someone groaning.