[FoRK] Palm, Apple, Adobe, Microsoft

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Fri Apr 17 09:42:08 PDT 2009

On Apr 16, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> Does anyone have contacts at Palm?  I applied to the WebOS/Pre dev
> program long ago, but nothing.  I'm going to have a Pre before ever
> getting access to the dev kit.  And I have something to develop.
> Are they trying to drive me to the iPhone??
>
> Has anyone gone to this?  Is it worth it?
> http://developer.apple.com/products/wwdc.html

I've attended 5 times (every other year since 2001) and I now help put
it on.

What are you looking for?  It's not a "beginners" conference.  Some of
the content is targeted at new developers, but most of it is targeted
at experienced developers who want to learn what's new or how to take
advantage of the tools and technologies apple provides.  If you've got
a shipping product, the labs can be invaluable.  As an attendee I
never actually used them, but I spent last year staffing them and I
basically spent all day helping developers with their applications.
In hindsight, I wish I'd used them.

What do you want to know?

-Kevin