[FoRK] Oracle buys Sun; Now owns Java; Becomes a hardware player

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Apr 20 14:08:28 PDT 2009

Well, not terribly surprising, since they have the money and have the
same customers.  Geographically colocated practically, which makes
business and culture interpolation easier.  Probably good, if they can
make the right moves rather than "evil money-grubbing".  Unfortunately,
the Oracle reputation is more the latter so far.

MySQL and Java handling will be the interesting components.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=16598&tag=nl.e539

I still think a purchase by Apple would have been more interesting all
around.

Is IBM kicking themselves now?  I bet they buy Yahoo or something for
consolation.  RedHat?