[FoRK] Bullish on Facebook

Corinna Schultz corinna.schultz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 09:33:51 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Rob Harley <robert.harley at gmail.com> wrote:
> After adequate consideration... it's still good enough to be addictive
> enough to fill the online-social void that once was occupied by mailing
> lists, Usenet and so on.

My problem is that I like to keep different spheres of activity, some
of them (relatively) anonymous.  If I use my real name on Facebook,
then I have to be very careful what I say. But then all sorts of
people find me there, and it becomes a mix of "I want to talk about
anything" and "the internet never forgets". I suppose I could set up
different Facebook accounts, but that doesn't feel right, for some
reason.

I think I don't "get" the social media thing. Or I'm too paranoid. Or
I'm not social in that way. Or something...