[FoRK] Bullish on Facebook

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Fri Apr 24 13:16:02 PDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> Well, political workers do the pandering, and they have colleagues or
> staffers who are members of the educated, rational, pragmatic elite.

Probably, but it is a pity that this is never in evidence if you
evaluate policy proposals outside of the political milieu.

I would agree the majority of them are rational and pragmatic when it
comes to constructing policy that panders to the irrational beliefs of
their constituents. After all, they have to get reelected. It does not
do much good for the country though if all this latent rational
pragmatism almost never results in rational, pragmatic government.

J. Andrew Rogers