[FoRK] ...as opposed to Feedlot Kids?

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Apr 24 16:01:13 PDT 2009

Marty Halvorson wrote on 4/24/2009 4:22 PM:
> I often wonder how kids today are ever going to learn to cope with
> life's many trials and disappointments.

If you look around at all, you'll clearly see that they aren't. The
global economic collapse is hitting them very hard because all they have
ever known is good time, mom & dad fixing everything, and no real risk
of falling on their faces - thus no skills in getting back up.

Twitter, Facebook and the like are how they deal with reality - by NOT
dealing with it, or even going outside and risking contact with reality.
Outside is dangerous.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/