[FoRK] ...as opposed to Feedlot Kids?

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:45:32 PDT 2009

What's changed since the 60's?  Fear of child predators, more actual
predators?  I attended Catholic school and therefore used city buses
(instead of school buses).  I and my school chums had to transfer buses
downtown.  Between transfers we used to trawl to pre-mall downtown, which
in our racist neck of the south had always been considered by my public
school peers as "dangerous."

That fear is as strong as ever today and our downtown is struggling to
gentrify and develop a city center.  Good luck with that, J-ville.  Most
kids are chaufered to and from their after-school sports / piano lessons.
They develop the problem-solving skills of self-transport at a much later
age; for most, when they given their first car and Garvin.

.