[FoRK] culture & media research proposal

Simon Dann simon at photogabble.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 14:21:51 PDT 2009

I cant thank you enough, that answer has been incredibly helpful.

I am leaning towards creating a project around the second question, however
I can see what you mean by the ambiguity of it, I had used commodity within
the sense of something that is exchanged such as people spending money to
purchase clothes with the end goal of consuming an identity, with
advertising selling identities rather than clothing/music players/holidays.
More interestingly the fact that British universities have started (in the
past four years at least) charging more and more for degrees and that a
university education has become made a "commodity" by the establishments
that sell them rather than a certification to be earned through hard work
and study.

I'm not sure how to work that into a question.