[FoRK] Bullish on Facebook

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 14:29:19 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> It's illegal over here. Unjustly so. On the other hand, most of the
> U.S. homeschoolers are religious wingnuts, abusing the situation
> to indoctrinate.

My kids all go to school but home is also very much a school/place of
learning. We have science kits, music, play, vids, intertubes and
guidance to learn to get the most out of all that and more. Now having
said that I will say in my searches and exploration to get the best
tools to do teaching in house I have seen such crass indoctrination
being done on kids it makes me physically ill. Running the gamut from
fanatical wingnuts to devoutly deranged to ludite tinged drips there
are all manner of tools out there to raise your own brand of deranged
vealesque zombie hordes. From the prepackaged to the diy. you can
truly raise up whatever flavor of Manchurian Couch Potato as you are
so inclined to raise.

Sadly my kids will have to deal with them in the times that are to be.
That, if nothing else, spurs me on to do a little bit more with them
every day.

-tom(C is for conifer, my favorite tree)higgins