[FoRK] culture & media research proposal

Simon Dann simon at photogabble.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 14:46:25 PDT 2009

> Sounds like a Lite(tm) Paper theme. Stay clear.

That sounds like good advice, I did like Stephens modification of it, he
made it sound a lot more stronger with "Are consumers selling themselves
cheap by 'buying' free
gifts with surveys / advertising / attention?"

>What is the valuation of a unique bit versus the leverage of commodity
bits?

Im attempting to utilise the term "commodity" within the context of a
cultural/knowledge based economy, such as an individuals sense of wanting to
be unique drives its search of identity which is driven by capitalism which
itself drives globalisation forcing multiculturalism which results in a loss
of culture and identity, perpetuating the sense of wanting fill in that gap
by trying to be unique.

its a flawed notion I admit, these comments are really helping me work out
an appropreate structure for the research question.