[FoRK] Homeschooling (was: Bullish on Facebook)

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Mon Apr 27 15:05:32 PDT 2009

> On the other hand, most of the U.S. homeschoolers are religious
> wingnuts, abusing the situation to indoctrinate.

What prompts you to say that?  Do you have any data to back it up? We
homeschooled for a while and found the local support groups to be pretty
tolerant and not all religious.  We're in Florida.

When I lived in California I knew someone who homeschooled her kids, too.
She wasn't overly religious either and seemed to have the same extensive
support network I found here.

...so my homeschooling exposure in both states runs contrary to your
statement.  There are a lot of people who are disenfranchised with the
public school system, people of every stripe.