[FoRK] Homeschooling (was: Bullish on Facebook)

Corinna Schultz corinna.schultz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:29:30 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Michael Cummins <michael at i-magery.com> wrote:
> What prompts you to say that?  Do you have any data to back it up? We
> homeschooled for a while and found the local support groups to be pretty
> tolerant and not all religious.  We're in Florida

The kind of homeschoolers you find is highly dependent on the local
culture. In south-south Texas, the only homeschoolers I knew about
were religious and all the homeschooling support groups were
associated with churches. We felt very isolated as a result. If it
weren't for the internet we would have gone stir crazy. I'm glad we
don't live there anymore.

Nationally though, nonreligious homeschoolers are very much in the minority.