[FoRK] why China isn't the next Silicon Valley

HK Pang hkpang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:56:58 PDT 2009

I think the Chinese economy is simply not yet there to do what Silicon
Valley can do. The electronic gadgets that seem disposable to us are
still considered major purchases there.

If you want to measure quality and innovation, I think food industry
or entertainment inustry are better comparison. I think China has made
tremendous progress in those two industriese and the same level of
quality and innovation can be expected in the consumer electronic
industry once the general income moves up.