[FoRK] google wave

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:35:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:
> The single best thing about gmail is that it was created recently
> enough to support current practices and capabilities.

Now having been a massive pine/mutt user I will say there are a number
of things big G got right about email, not just one thing.

It is also why I am following the news (whilst trying to filter the
hype) of gwave with anticipation. There are many things that have not
been deved from a new foundation that I have been using for
years/decades. A re-imagining, if you will, of the possible solutions
to these problem that also acknowledges the new problems found out in
the years that have passed is something I look forward to.

That it is being done in an open manner, so much more the better than
being offered up in a take it or leave it(and pay for it with each rev
and looking under the hood is verboten(Ve Vill SUE YOU))  manner gives
me cause to Hope for Change.

See, we are getting Hope and Change, just not where we voted for it:)-

-tom(Do not give up the hope, for the dope(of drm))higgins