[FoRK] google wave

paul paul at remsset.com
Thu Jun 4 18:36:52 PDT 2009

Luis Villa said the following on 6/4/2009 5:15 PM:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Reese <howell.r at inkworkswell.com> wrote:
>> Lucas Gonze wrote:
>>> In gmail, bottom posting is annoying.
>> In any mail client, top-posting is even more annoying.
>
> A modern mail client can properly hide repeated/quoted text, such that
> it doesn't really matter whether you top or bottom post.
>
> Luis (yet another one of the many things that gmail does basically
> perfectly that for some reason mainstream mail readers have copied
> poorly if at all)

I use Thunderbird.  Tho after years of using Outlook98, there are still
a few key stokes that simply do not work.  Like ctrl-d to delete a
message.  Not being able to edit a message I want to save is annoying.
But overall, t-bird works for me.  With my 'net connection, I don't care
how awesome GMail is supposed to be, it's still WebMail.

I installed a plugin called QuoteCollapse.  Works nicely.

I don't care if someone top or bottom posts.  The important thing is
that they post.  But trim all the footer crap.

paul [and yeah, I prefer bottom posting because if I want to save a
message for posterity... ]

--
    http://remsset.com

    It is impossible to make anything foolproof
    because fools are so ingenious.