[FoRK] Text tides Re: google wave

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:43:22 PDT 2009

Weblogs are top posters.  Twitter is a top poster.  And of course,
every browser is a top poster in that you always start at the top of
the page, not the bottom.

This conversation feels very familiar, almost as if there were an
internet protocol under development.  But there isn't.

All there is is a software convention.  In early MUAs, top posting
made no sense.  In later (browser-based) MUAs, it's bottom posting
that's bogus.   And why not change?  There isn't an internet protocol
for top vs bottom posting.