[FoRK] Text tides Re: google wave

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:43:22 PDT 2009

Weblogs are top posters.  Twitter is a top poster.  And of course,
every browser is a top poster in that you always start at the top of
the page, not the bottom.

---

This conversation feels very familiar, almost as if there were an
internet protocol under development.  But there isn't.

All there is is a software convention.  In early MUAs, top posting
made no sense.  In later (browser-based) MUAs, it's bottom posting
that's bogus.   And why not change?  There isn't an internet protocol
for top vs bottom posting.