[FoRK] Google Wave - Reset, Observations, and Questions

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Jun 8 13:06:10 PDT 2009

Reza B'Far wrote on 6/8/2009 9:26 AM:
> Did anyone see any other key productivity features?
>
> Most of what I saw in Google Wave in the video was cosmetic sugar... 1-2
> features were really cool.  I wonder if that's a descent assessment and if
> that's the case, then can you create large market penetration and monetize
> based on that strategy.

You're close to the point, but still missing it. Google is an
advertising company, and those under-25 people are the only ones even
remotely susceptible to advertising when we live in a world where we see
1000s of ads every day.

So of course they are working on something that's hip and will pull in
the pre have-a-job-and-life crowd, that's the target! Nothing I saw was
new (if you're old enough to have seen it before, you're too old to work
at Google), and none of it has any productivity gains baked in.

It will push eyeballs to ads, so it's a winner.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/