[FoRK] What's that tell you?

Benjamin Black b at b3k.us
Fri Jun 12 20:25:31 PDT 2009

this is extraordinarily unlikely to be an issue of microsoft cdn scale.  the
traffic for downloads, including msdn, is spread across several cdns,
including their own.  more likely is either trouble with the specific cache
to which you are being directed or a transient network issue between you and
the cache.

there are all sorts of perfectly legitimate reasons to bash microsoft.
their expertise in content delivery is simply not one of them.