[FoRK] pharmaceutical ethics

Simon Dann simon at photogabble.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 09:58:29 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I am currently researching into cases where patenting within the
pharmaceutical industry has cost lives such as for example making a certain
cheap widely available test restricted to just one lab and placing a huge
royalty fee on top of it pushing it out of reach of those whom it could
help. I heard of several cases like this happening in the news but cant find
the articles anymore and a computer crash lost all my bookmarks so if any
examples could be given, the more current the better it would be
appreciated.

Thanks.