[FoRK] mediawiki showstoppers?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jun 17 09:15:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 06:00:52PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Any reasons (security, architecture, better alternatives) I shouldn't use mediawiki?

I'm thinking of nginx, mediawiki and PostgreSQL specifically.

Usage pattern is collaborative document editing (less than 100 contributors,
probably less than 10, not many hits), document depository, including rich
content (photos, audio and movies included, maybe even HD movies). Mostly open,
but with a closed space for a small inner circle of registred users.

Ability to do safe backups and maybe clone to secondary servers
in a master-slave fashion highly important.

What say you, yeah/nay?