[FoRK] Accidental theorist lost, wanted back

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Thu Jul 16 11:55:16 PDT 2009

geege schuman wrote on 7/16/2009 10:25 AM:
> Private NFP's are the way to go, but the talent pool for running them is not
> as well populated as FP's.

Some silly people view a job as a way to make money, and follow that
money wherever it goes. Why else would millions of undergrads have
declared themselves pre-hedgefund majors (the other 2 of the pre-three
are law and med ) up until just recently.

Of course, the law jobs are completely gone, offers rescinded and all,
laws schools freaking out. Good thing I suppose that health care
"reform" isn't happening, or the pre-meds would all be in therapy too.
The university teaching jobs I was going to be going after this fall did
the same thing, but that's only one facet of what I do, not the core.

I guess we're the lucky ones that actually do that we like, and thus
like what we do. Can you imagine the emptiness of life? Sure the lawyers
have the warm glow of Satan's evil embrace, and the hedgies all had
their whores, but still...

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/