[FoRK] SoCa home prices - indicators?

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Thu Jul 16 12:11:05 PDT 2009

geege schuman wrote on 7/16/2009 11:50 AM:
>  Southern California median home sales price surges in June
>  The increase to $265,000 reflects a recent trend of higher-priced
> properties taking a greater market share. Sales volume reaches a 30-month
> high.

It's rich people fleeing a failing state and selling their expensive
houses in the process. It's great news!

The much larger problem that the world faces is that in the past, the
smartest, richest, most able people would all be headed to the "new
world" or "go west" or something similar, but now with near 7B people on
the planet, we're stuck. Either H1N1/H5N1 better relive a serious amount
of pressure soon, or the water/food situation will mean WWIII is back on
the table as their best option.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/