[FoRK] Accidental theorist lost, wanted back

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:20:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> geege schuman wrote:
>
>> (I've heard that green tea bags applied topically to psoriasis helps
>> alleviate the symptoms).
>>

> Elidel is a near-cure for the allergic action variety of eczema and
> probably psoriasis, which I think is the cause of a majority of cases.  It
> is mentioned in the Wikipedia article on eczema.  It is said that there is
> no cure for eczema, however, as with many inflammation / allergy vicious
> circles, sometimes when you break the cycle, you can be cured.
>
> GSE, grapefruit seed extract, is a much more powerful anti-fungal
> (including yeast) than any prescription or over the counter that I am aware
> of.  And it is edible and usable as a mouthwash.  Cures thrush and fungal
> skin rashes pretty much immediately.  Just don't use too much for too long
> or you will chemically burn yourself.  (The same warning goes for alpha
> hydroxy washes / cremes.)  Find it at health food stores.
>
> Another money-saving "drug" tip: forget all of those expensive, fancy
> mouthwashes if you are trying to solve a stubborn problem.  Using hydrogen
> peroxide, $0.87 a bottle, is more effective than anything for wiping out
> bacteria / bad breath in 30 seconds.
>

> sdw

Thanks, Heloise.  I use raw honey to wash my face - it has natural
antibacterial agents, doesn't dry the skin and, applied to un-wetted skin,
has nice suction action.

For whiter teeth, hydrogen pyroxide and baking soda.  Pennies.

However, my health recommendation for the day is
http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=228

Beberg, take twice the recommended.  Or thrice.  Whatever it takes.