[FoRK] Sharing a link about Rohit Khare in I, Cringely

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Jul 18 19:48:43 PDT 2009

B.K. DeLong wrote:
> You,re talking about data vulnerability in the cloud? Remind me to
> introduce you to Chris Hoff and Rich Mogull.
>
> Hoff is to virtualization and cloud computing security what Sally was
> for XML and RDF.

Links?  Referral?

The article was mainly talking about being able to extract all of your
data from a service, at least when it is dying.  Certainly the goal
should be to be able to extract all data and metadata at any time, and
to be able to upload that information to the same or a similar service
later.  We do need standards for that kind of thing, although for some
systems that will be tough as the data is so wrapped up in
implementation details.

In the long run, and hopefully sooner, the solution should be something
like a semantic RDF dump that is fully self describing (but better than
the XML sense).  And of course we'll want feeds, updates, etc.  Google
Wavish.

sdw