[FoRK] Durable, cheap housing

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:19:41 PDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> We've talked about this before.  Some points:

Portland has a couple of container houses or structures about the
city. When we bought our current house we sized up the attached lot
and realized we could easily build one or two structures on it (we
still need to do the zoning paper, but since this is a far off plan
its not on the top of the stack of todos). Containers is a top choice
for this sort of project, the other being a bucky dome. Pne of my
winter projects is to try my hand at a bucky dome, not of dwelling
size but more of a hot house/club house size.

More to follow as it happens.

-tom