[FoRK] gMail problem

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Wed Sep 23 14:23:46 PDT 2009

Russell Turpin wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Reese <howell.r at inkworkswell.com> wrote:
>> I can prove that I own the account in question...
>
> I'm not certain how I could do that, for my gmail accounts. Generally,
> web accounts are recovered by sending email to the address that
> registered them. With email services, that results in a bit of a
> vicious cycle.

Right. Factor in my own paranoia given my level of involvement in the
security industry when that account was created, you have some insight
into the current dilemma.

The account forwards to another account I control. Anything sent to
it, can be sent back from one of my other accounts. A weak proof
perhaps, but a proof.

Reese