[FoRK] Coup Needed - What the right wing really thinks?

Andre Uratsuka Manoel andre at insite.com.br
Thu Oct 1 17:49:47 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 18:15, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo
<ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> He talks a lot about protecting the Constitution. Being an ignorant Canadian, are there things in the
> American Constitution that would make a coup in the name of protecting the Constitution illegal, or
> at least unconstitutional? Not that it would matter, I guess.

It's a matter of selecting the parts of the Constitution that are
REALLY important and relativize those that are not. You can do that
with the bible too, and interpret away the parts that are ambiguous,
like this:

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there
is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities
that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels
against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted,
and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves."

Andre